This year the holidays will bring some service changes to UTA service. Passengers are advised to review the changes and plan travel accordingly.
Monday, Dec. 24 (Christmas Eve) UTA will run a regular service schedule on all modes of transit.
Tuesday, Dec. 25 (Christmas Day) UTA will run ski service only. There will be no regular bus, TRAX or FrontRunner service.
Monday, Dec. 31 (New Year’s Eve) will run a regular service schedule on all modes of transit, with expanded evening and nighttime service on rail.
Tuesday, Jan. 1 (New Year’s Day) UTA will run ski service only. There will be no regular bus, TRAX or FrontRunner service.
Traveling during the holidays? The trains get very full. Consider the following…
Paying Your Fare
Passengers may also choose to purchase one-way or round-trip fares at any of the TRAX stations, or when boarding the bus.
Another option is the group pass – $14 for up to four riders round-trip after 10 a.m. The group pass is good on TRAX, bus and FrontRunner.
- Purchase your fare in advance.
- Before you cross railroad tracks or enter a TRAX or FrontRunner platform:
- always watch for trains—look both ways
- take off your head phones
- put your cell phone down—no texting or phone calls
- hop off your bike or skateboard
- hold smaller children’s hands
- walk across the tracks or onto the platform when it is safe
- never cross between train cars—always walk around to a designated safe crossing
- Always stand behind the yellow tactile strip when trains approach the platform.
- Never walk or play on tracks or the rail corridor; even for short cuts. It could be deadly and is trespassing, punishable by a $100 or greater fine.
- Never go around a lowered gate or try to outrun a train. Just wait for the train to pass, the gates to lift and lights to stop before crossing the track.
- Never throw things at the train or place things on the track; you could get hurt or even derail the train.